Here’s the next lot of 15 books that go onto my 2013 Reading List. I’m beginning to feel a little panicky (just a tad!), coz making a List just seems so final 😛 It’s not like I have a problem reading, but I do have a problem with order & discipline 😉 So I would like everyone to take the List with a fistful of salt, like I’m doing myself 😉 As mentioned before, this is a working List – perhaps too ambitious, but as its author I reserve the right to change my mind at any time during the year about anything and everything – so there! Having said that – Wish Me LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The Famished Road – Ben Okri
- Kaalam (Time) – M. T. Vasudevan Nair, translated by Gita Krishnankutty (Orient Blackswan, 2012)
- Out of Sheer Rage: Wrestling with D. H. Lawrence – Geoff Dyer
- The Fault in our Stars – John Green
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry – Rachel Joyce
- Swimming Home – Deborah Levy
- Arthur & George – Julian Barnes
- Cloud Atlas – David Mitchell
- Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn
- Rainbow at Noon – Dhiruben Patel
- Canada – Richard Ford
- Wild – Cheryl Strayed
- A Prayer for Owen Meany – John Irving
- Skios – Michael Frayn
- Umbrella – Will Self
Reading Update: I’ve finished the first 3 books in Part I – Narcopolis, A Spot of Bother & The Private Lives of Pippa Lee. Have also re-read The Hobbit 🙂 Reviews duly posted. Oh and this is me on Goodreads.
Am happy with my progress so far 🙂 As always your suggestions are welcome!